Aggressive Utah Criminal Defense Attorney in Salt Lake County
At Preston Day Law, PLLC, our criminal defense law firm takes protecting our clients' rights and freedom seriously. When it comes to defending our clients, we take a strategic approach putting our client’s best interests first.
- Our Utah County criminal defense attorney is a former criminal prosecutor, which means he has acquired a certain skill set that you can utilize to your advantage.
- Attorney Day is a seasoned and reputable litigator with a keen understanding of the trial process.
Consulting with a lawyer with extensive courtroom experience is in your best interests should your case go to trial.
As your case is important to us, our Salt Lake County criminal defense law firm strives to devote our skills, knowledge, and full attention to your matter. Our team offers personalized legal representation that you can depend on, no matter how complex your case. We are your legal advocates from the moment you first call our firm until your case is finalized and will fight for your rights. Our Utah criminal defense attorneys are experts. Read our testimonials here.
Arrested in Utah County? Turn to Preston Day Law for the experienced representation you need. Contact our skilled Utah County criminal defense attorney online or by calling (801) 335-6261 for a free consultation now.
Types of Criminal Defense Cases We Handle
Our Utah County criminal law firm offers comprehensive criminal defense services to clients in Utah County and Salt Lake County in the following areas:
Why Should I Hire a Criminal Defense Lawyer from Preston Day Law?
Preston Day Law, PLLC provides clients with results. It is our goal to win a case for you, guiding you through the process with knowledgeable counsel and compassionate support. Our criminal defense law firm understands that being accused of a crime can cause you to overthink, be anxious, and experience fear as to what might happen to you, your family, and your future. Our criminal defense attorney in Utah promises to aggressively defend you and promote your best interests, no matter how overwhelming your case may prove to get.
Penalties for Criminal Charges in Utah
Penalties for criminal charges in Utah vary based on the severity of the offense and other circumstances. The state categorizes crimes into different classes, ranging from infractions and misdemeanors to felonies, with varying degrees of severity.
- Infractions: These are minor offenses, typically punishable by fines and rarely result in jail time.
- Misdemeanors: These are more serious than infractions and are divided into Class C, Class B, and Class A misdemeanors, with Class A being the most severe. Penalties may include fines, probation, and up to a year in jail for Class A misdemeanors.
- Felonies: Felonies are the most severe offenses and are categorized into different degrees, with first-degree felonies being the most serious. Penalties can range from substantial fines to lengthy prison sentences, including life imprisonment or even the death penalty for capital offenses.
Factors such as prior criminal history, aggravating circumstances, and the specific details of the crime can influence the penalties. It's important to consult an experienced Utah criminal defense attorney to understand the potential penalties associated with a particular criminal charge and to build a strong defense to mitigate these penalties.
Why Choose a Former Prosecutor to Defend My Criminal Case?
Attorney Day is a seasoned criminal prosecutor who has extensive litigation experience. Here are some additional benefits to hiring a former prosecutor to defend you:
1. We Possess a Comprehensive Understanding of the Trial Process
Our Utah County criminal defense attorney has a thorough understanding of all stages of the trial process. We understand how prosecutors think, collect evidence, determine charges, and build their cases to go to trial. This sets us apart from other criminal defense lawyers without this inside knowledge. We can expose weaknesses in the prosecution’s arguments and strengthen your defense.
2. A Focus On Litigation
Many lawyers rarely if not ever set foot into the courtroom, which can be true for many attorneys who claim to specialize in litigation as most cases are resolved out of court. Our attorney has spent five years litigating and is prepared to protect your rights and future inside or outside the courtroom.
3. Knowledge of Local Judges & Courts
As our Utah County criminal defense attorney has tried numerous cases in local courts, we know how certain judges have ruled in the past, which allows us to tailor our legal strategy accordingly.
Devoted to Protecting Your Rights
When you have been accused of a crime or arrested, it is imperative to secure legal representation to ensure your rights are safeguarded and that you receive the best possible case outcome. It is in your best interests to consult with a lawyer immediately and not subject yourself to police questioning until then.
At Preston Day Law, PLLC, we are dedicated to protecting our clients, no matter what allegation you face. Our extensive experience in and out of the courtroom showcases our vast skill set and ability to defend you whether you require aggressive representation or a skilled negotiator. Our Utah criminal attorneys approach every case collaboratively, ensuring you get the opportunity to voice your goals and ideas as well. We never lose sight of your best interests throughout the entire case and will advocate on your behalf from start to finish.
What Does a Utah County Defense Attorney Do?
The role of a defense attorney is to provide robust and strategic legal representation for individuals facing criminal charges in Utah County. Our criminal defense attorney at Preston Day Law is dedicated to protecting the rights, freedoms, and interests of our clients throughout the entire legal process.
- We analyze the evidence to develop a solid defense strategy.
- Our approach begins with a thorough analysis of each case, carefully examining evidence, witness statements, and police reports to identify potential weaknesses in the prosecution's case. This enables our defense team to develop comprehensive defense strategies tailored to the specific circumstances and charges at hand.
- We keep you informed every step of the way.
- Our Utah County criminal defense team at Preston Day Law works closely with our clients, offering personalized guidance and support, ensuring they understand the charges they face, the potential consequences, and the available legal options. We strive to ensure that our clients are well-informed to make informed decisions regarding their case.
- We provide aggressive representation inside and outside the courtroom.
- We actively engage in negotiations with prosecutors, seeking to have charges reduced or dismissed whenever possible. If a fair resolution cannot be reached, our defense attorney is prepared to vigorously defend our clients in court.
- We support you through this difficult time.
- Throughout the process, we maintain open and clear communication with our clients, providing regular updates on case progress and addressing any concerns you may have. Our Utah County criminal defense lawyer is committed to providing compassionate support and effective representation, understanding the stress and uncertainty that our clients may experience.
At Preston Day Law, we routinely handle a wide range of criminal cases, including DUI/DWI, drug offenses, possession charges, assault, theft, and more. Our mission is to protect your rights and ensure a fair and just legal process.
We Offer Free Consultations
When it comes to protecting your freedom, the sooner you consult with an attorney, the faster you can start building a defense strategy. Consult with a Utah County criminal defense lawyer who has real-world experience litigating in a courtroom by contacting our firm today to schedule a consultation. Our Utah criminal defense attorneys offer an initial, complimentary consultation.